Since 2023, there is an anti-harassment team at IPhT, whose missions are to disseminate information on the subject, and to support victims if and when prevention fails. Members of the team have training and/or experience in dealing with harassment cases (in particular sexual harassment). At this time the members are: Camille Flouret, Sylvain Ribault, Laure Sauboy, Didina Serban.
Any member of IPhT, from interns to staff, can contact the team if they think they are victim or witness of harassment. Members of the team will do their best to listen, and to propose possible courses of action and people to contact. They may also serve as intermediaries for someone who does not want to reveal their identity.
Useful links and documents
- Accessible from CEA, the health and safety webpage (in French) has a section on psycho-social risks, including documents and whom to contact at CEA.
- CLASCHES is an independent association that deals with sexual harassment in higher education by helping victimes and witnesses. See its website (in French) and its guidebook (in English).
- The insitute Women Safe at Saint-Germain-en-Laye helps women who are victims of violence, with a specialized team that includes psychologists and lawyers.
Harassment in French law
- Moral harassment (or bullying) consists in repeated actions that can lead, for the person who is subject to them, to a degradation of working conditions resulting in: harm to their rights and dignity; physical or mental health issues; a threat to their career. Victims of moral harassment can be protected by law, be they staff, interns or trainees. Moral harassment is forbidden even if there is no hierarchical relationship between the involved persons.
- Sexual harassment consists in repeatedly imposing to someone any speech or behaviour with sexual connotations, which: harms their dignity by being humiliating or degrading; creates towards them a situation that is intimidating, hostile or offensive.
Any form of strong pressure (even if not repeated) with the real or apparent aim of obtaining a sexual act, benefiting the pressurer or anyone else, is considered as sexual harassment.